Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy feast day of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus!

                                  St. Teresa Margaret of the Sacred Heart,
                                                     Carmelite nun

From her writings:

"You know, my God, that my one desire is to be a victim of Your Sacred Heart, wholly consumed as a holocaust in the fire of Your holy love. Your Heart will be the altar on which I shall be consumed by You, my dear Spouse, and You will be the Priest who will consume this victim by the fires of Your most Sacred Heart. But, O my God, how ashamed I am to see how guilty is this victim and how unworthy to have her sacrifice accepted by You! But I am confident that all will be consumed by this divine fire!
By offering my whole self to You, I understand that I am giving You my free will, so that henceforth, You alone will be the Master of my heart, and Your will alone will regulate my actions. Therefore, dispose of me always according to Your good pleasure; I am content with everything, since I wish to love You with a love that is patient, mortified, wholly abandoned to You, an active love, a strong, undivided love and, what is more important, a persevering love." (St Teresa Margaret Redi)

A link to a page with a printable holy card to St. Teresa Margaret:

http://www.stteresamargaret.org/HolyCards.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment